Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20160405-0200 - RA update Info

Administrator
    hold your horses, I'll be home in an hour or two and do a breakdown!

I just don't want to see it ;p.

Administrator
    Then close your eyes!

Here is an example with NPC cannon outranging my missiles in a yard 60:

If the ranges are confirmed, i.e. cannons are really using a range < 12, then I suspect the explanation has to do with the attack angle, i.e. not only there is a visual offset issue between top and bottom, but maybe a true issue for the ranges too. I'll try to confirm it, next time I try a 52 or 60.

Update: top and bottom are behaving the same way, outranged in both cases.

Update2: from breakdown, it seems cannons don't have more than 11 as range, could it be a missing targetingradius key on the NPC MGP?
    Last edited by Kimmy Jongy; 04-06-2016 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Updated after test from top

The measurements seem to have always been from the center of the turret, not the chassis body for whether you or they are in range to fire. Noticed this from where the mag pulse took effect during my Nascar impersonations.

Administrator
    See other thread with 52 video, but cannon 11 range vs missile 12 in the 52, so takes precise driving and Kimmy had it down to 5m15s repair time for 52. Basically free.

Was attempting to look up the cannon range, which I can't seem to look up anything unless I know the item ID and type it in the URL. Am I missing something there?

Anyway, with hammers having a radius of 1.5 and the cannons having a range of 11, 12.5 is longer range than your missiles. However the enemy chassis is supposed to have a radius of 1.5 as well right? You should still be able to shoot it before it can shoot you. It doesn't look like that's happening in the 60 yard.

Aside: Let's not mince words about a range increase. That's political speak. No, numbers were not changed on the bot weapons, but the addition of the radius gave an indirect range boost to everything which we knew was coming. Mag pulse and the other debuff tech pieces are less effective overall because of it. I'll take the blame for this impression that people seem to be under. I knew full well there was a problem with the 99s once I really got in there and that on any other high level target the best I would have done is scratch the paint. I was surprised the heavy missile wasn't fixed in February and I knew I was taking advantage of it. The only reason I put those videos up on social media was because of one person calling bullshit on my and Kimmy's claims and saying we edited our videos which were likely to remain here otherwise going down to Gauntlets was me being a smart ass towards that person, not you (devs).

People were spoiled for 4 months on 99s and I helped, so I'll apologize for that where you now have to deal with the irate frothing derp storm of, as previously stated, "They changed it, now it sucks".

I don't like change. While contradictory to the previous statement, I'm totally on board with your vision and have accepted that this is how things are going to be since you first mentioned the target changes in January. I bitch semi-professionally and will likely continue to do so which is why I'm here and not on your forums as I got banned from TOG's for doing just that . Well, I didn't like them, so I was much less cordial to say the least.
    Last edited by Krondrin; 04-06-2016 at 04:19 AM.

Not really sure where to put this, so I guess here is good. Both have mag pulse 4. One has +10 range, the other has nothing. Range boost affects the tech pieces.

Name:  axe_boost.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  25.5 KB

If I heard correctly, they're taking the heavy missile off that one enemy MGP in the 68 that stops when it's in range. Yay.