Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Level 101 Raid Fleet Target Breakdown. Please?

Level 101 Raid Fleet Target Breakdown. Please?

Level 101 Raid Fleet Target Breakdown. Please?

Administrator
    As neither Nuke or I play anymore, someone that knows how will need to send one of us the packet capture data and we can run the script to do the breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by xnih View Post
    As neither Nuke or I play anymore, someone that knows how will need to send one of us the packet capture data and we can run the script to do the breakdown.
    Mmm... Why not just make script public?

Administrator
    Days/months/years of our sweat and blood went into it and it makes calls to a database that isn't directly accessible to the "public".

As to making public how we pull the data so that anyone can send us that, I'll discuss with Nuke and if he's ok with it i'll publish that with my older email address that the data could be sent to.

Administrator
    Will have to make the pictures available when I have time later, but here is the "text" from when I've provided the data before:

Ok, to start with you'll need to download wireshark from https://www.wireshark.org/download.html
    Install it. After you've installed it the first time you open it up it will look something like this:

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  19.5 KB

If you only have one network interface card you should just be able to click start and it will start capturing all traffic in/out of your computer and this information will show up and look similar to this:

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  20.1 KB

Since we really don't want ALL the traffic, what we do is put in filters, this basically says only show me certain pieces of information.

We want to filter information that is only tied to your BP in game name, this is case sensitive, so for me, when I was playing my in game name was Lazy (capital L), so the filter I used was:

tcp contains "Lazy"
    and click Apply

Again, it is case sensitive on the info in the quotes, so if your name is actually ScumBag then do "ScumBag"

Name:  4.PNG
Views: 531
Size:  16.4 KB

We end up only using a small part of the info, to get that information, you'll use the following tcp stream option. After you have filtered it above there should only be a few packets still shown, right click on one and do follow tcp stream.

When you right click a menu like this should show up, just go down to the follow tcp stream option.
    Name:  5.PNG
Views: 524
Size:  15.4 KB

This will pop up a new window. Should have stuff in red and stuff in blue, typically, one is info you sent, one is info sent to you.

Change the conversation type at the bottom. Should be to the one with the most data in it (all the data the server sent to you).
    Name:  6.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  19.0 KB

You should see some garbage, then your BP name and the level of whatever fleet you hit it with.

Then just click in there and do a ctrl A and copy/paste it into a text document in notepad and email it to me and we can parse it. We basically take all that, parse through looking for what we need and spit out the breakdowns.

Otherwise if you are just going to send me the whole capture do this (I prefer you send the text version above, but if you can't figure it out, this is easy enough, just more time on my end):
    File > Export Specified Packets

Provide it a name, make sure All Packets > Displayed are selected and click save
    Name:  3.PNG
Views: 552
Size:  13.3 KB

This way it only sends me the packets that had "ScumBag" or whatever your name were in the filter. Oh, send me what your ingame name is so I can make sure you filtered it correctly.

-----

Ok that is the general run down on how to run wireshark and get the general info.

Here is how I did it each raid:
    move a gunboat next to the target I was going to hit
    start up wireshark and put the filter in place
    hit the target
    retreat immediately
    hit ok on the popup
    save the wireshark data

If you don't use the gunboat/retreat option and damage the fleet, be aware that HP numbers we post after the fact will be inaccurate.

Not sure when I'll have time to add the missing pics, but will try to get to that late tonight or tomorrow.

Email the results to [email protected] and I'll get them parsed and added somewhere or other. Probably on bp-information.blogspot.com.

WTH, i didnt click dislike, I clicked like and thank

Administrator
    lol sure you did you bastard!

BIG SPOILER .

Silly me was looking for these data in SSL streams... What was I thinking?
    Moo> learn to drive, and learn how to hit them so you don't finish in a corner
    Punisher666 (NBK)-13062> learn to drive mooo??? lmao
    Punisher666 (NBK)-13062> your a feckin lvl 20 or something lmfao

Change the conversation type at the bottom. Should be to the one with the most data in it.

change it to what?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

https://media.giphy.com/media/iKnPZtAHrDU6k/giphy.gif

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by arse View Post
    Change the conversation type at the bottom. Should be to the one with the most data in it.

change it to what?
    you have 3 options, see picture above now that I've added them. Entire conversation, conversation from source to destination, conversation from destination to source. You want to do the one that is the largest, which should be information from the kixeye server to your system.

Hope that makes sense now that there is a pic in the original.