Thread: Any interest in a "Huggy's" type tool that figures out component placement for you?

Any interest in a "Huggy's" type tool that figures out component placement for you?

I never really did anything with GUIs in my many years of coding, pretty much always back end processing stuff, so I though this might be an interesting little side project.

I was thinking of some kind of tool that would basically take a number of components for a chassis (or tower) that you selected and show you a configuration where all selected items could fit (if there was sufficient room).

I have ideas for future enhancements like showing various arrangements of the largest number and arrangement of adjacent blocks, but I'm not sure if something like that would be too much useless information. I'm not really sure how to go about showing what you can have for space left. Should it be total number of empty blocks? Show a visual of the open space for all combinations that the selected items can fit? I dunno, it seems like it edges into complicated without much useful feedback.

Anyway, just wondering if there was any interest in something like this. There is no timeframe for this. It's high level concept nothing even written down, and no promises if this will even happen regardless (I'm a bit lazy).

Administrator
    Nuke and I have discussed doing a fleet/mgp builder and possible a base layout one. No timeframe on either ourselves. We did get some work done in the last week on the back end database like we created for BP. Not sure when the front end will be ready for it. Still some DB pieces to finish up as well.

you need undecipherable charts too, it's important
    Moo> learn to drive, and learn how to hit them so you don't finish in a corner
    Punisher666 (NBK)-13062> learn to drive mooo??? lmao
    Punisher666 (NBK)-13062> your a feckin lvl 20 or something lmfao

Administrator
    that is why we have you kimmy, now just to get you playing RA!

Administrator
    The back-end for this is taking shape, i have not had a lot of time as of late but should be freeing up some more shortly to work on the other pieces. (Database and shipbuilder)