Thread: Resources in the robot apocalypse

Resources in the robot apocalypse

Frankly, why is it such a pain? I'm finding the combat itself slow and uninteresting as I attempt to circle-kite the AI targets and that bases do more damage than they are worth resource wise. while I'm still low level am I missing something here? I'm not really motivated to keep gathering res.

Administrator
    Some of it is early.
    - The AI is smarter now than it was in the early beta which has been a good feature add. There probably needs to be some tweaks made to it still.
    - How is that different than say BP? I'm sure you were autoing 51's and 71's for res for the past year or so. Here you have to at least drive if you want to keep the damage down.
    - Like other games, choosing the best squad setup for what you can hit is going to be a bit of key there on damage to res ratio. Best option for me currently, level 33 yards. Missile kite them, leave other squads to pick up res.
    - evidently with wednesdays update they did tweak some things, such as more population and in lower bases, which should help ppl build up their population a bit easier.

whats next on the list xnih? i find the 42 yards are also too slow.

are there bigger targets taht are worth it if you have cutlass?

Administrator
    48 bases are about it at this point, after that the damage to res ratio doesn't seem to be worth it currently.

Perhaps with some refits they may be, not sure. I'm trying to add some range boost to my axe squad right now, but I know 67 bases are painful (cutlass fleet dead and axes half dead).

Sorry xnih, but the resource gathering was too tedious. Gave up on this game after about a week. Many in my alliance feel the same, and some of them had bugs that prevented them from advancing in the tutorial.

can your cuts do 48s?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombunny View Post
    Sorry xnih, but the resource gathering was too tedious. Gave up on this game after about a week. Many in my alliance feel the same, and some of them had bugs that prevented them from advancing in the tutorial.
    I'd say drop by in in about a month, they are actively fixing bugs and due to some of the issues are actively giving anyone with an account free coin from time to time. So may very well be worth dropping back in and checking it out down the road.

As for tedious getting res, perhaps, BP was the same way for a long time and then everyone had everything and res was a joke and pointless. Think a lot of people coming over from BP are just so used to having everything it is slow and annoying and not more of a long term thing. But yes, it is a bit slow to get res, can't argue with that.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bort View Post
    can your cuts do 48s?
    Yes, about 20-30 mins damage on average and if I choose to drive well and push different mgp's forward, I could balance the damage out to a little over 5 mins per and do it for instant repair. I rarely do, but it is possible.