Thread: Repair times, what are they based off of?

Administrator

Repair times, what are they based off of?

Ok, asked in chat earlier today and honestly, not something I'd looked into at all before, so I started digging a little tonight.

We'll use a Dagger for an example here.

It has a base repair time of 268s.
    Mine have 2 helios machine gun II on them, each adding 30s of repair time
    Total 328s = 5m, 28s, or exactly what I see in game when I repair it.

Again base repair of 268s
    this time 2x deimos cannon 1 (13s each), 1 precision gears 1 (8s) and 1 steel I (8s)
    So everything you put on your mgp adds to its repair time, not just the armor. Honestly, this makes complete sense if you think about having to repair something.
    total 310s = 5m, 10s, or again exactly what I see in game when I repair it

At this time I don't have the data in a format I am willing to share out, but we are working on a DB that will provide this data out there like we did for the blueprints in BP. So stay tuned, just be aware, everything you add on, adds some time to the repair, it isn't a flat rate based on armor points!

Will this be visible in the game or on the site "soon"? I know it's the holiday and you're away at the moment.

I'm curious because as an armor example against missiles, a hammer with 4 belted armor 1s, while having better resistance, offers less overall effective health against missiles if it instead had 2 belted armor 2s. Is the repair time added by the 4 level 1 armors less, greater, or equal to the 2 level 2s? I'm guessing the better armor takes longer since it's a freemium game and progress has to have some kind of curve.

We're hopefully a long way from this, but a MGP would need a lot of base health in order for multiple smaller armors to overtake the equivalent effective health using an equal number of slots as the bigger armors against a single type of damage.

Well my question was answered. They added repair times to the stat blocks for everything this morning. Yay!

The answer to my question is yes. Going by the armor points alone, the larger armors take longer to repair point for point.

Administrator
    The database loading piece is complete, now to build the toolset to got with it

Administrator
    Get with it you lazy no good admin! (not that I've done anything to help this week)