Thread: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

They have a forum link on their facebook page -> http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armad...wforum.php?f=3
    They're currently doing closed alpha testing and recently finished one round of testing. I didn't get in

https://www.facebook.com/BattlefleetGothicGame/

Trailer:
    Last edited by Krondrin; 12-02-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Gameplay:

FOR THE IMPERIUM

BLACKSTONE FUCKING FORTRESSES?!?!

The game has a pre-order sale right now as well on Steam. 10% off. You get early beta multiplayer access plus the Space Marines faction which will be released a few weeks after the game launches.

Cons:
    No minimum requirements posted yet.
    DLC so quick out the gate. Meh, seems to be kind of the way things are now.

Pros:
    The game has a $40 base price tag. Not bad considering most games push $60 and expansions are $40-60.
    The Space Marine DLC is "free" for anyone who purchases the game up to 2 months after the core game's release stated -> here <- on Facebook.

The original Dawn of War (yes yes, different games entirely) expansions... Winter Assault had a reasonable yet short story and added one faction. The other 2 were little more than thinly veiled excuses to plug in 2 more factions each with weak story around everyone. The 3 of them for around $100 if you got them all around release so their DLC might not be that bad in comparison. We most likely get to look forward to Dark Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, and Tau as well. Not sure what else they could do with the fleets except to try minor tweaks for the Space Marine sub-factions similar to what they have in mind for Chaos. Maybe they can differentiate Sisters of Battle enough to be its own thing.
    Last edited by Krondrin; 01-28-2016 at 02:55 PM.

I mean... if you're into that kind of thing...

Multiplayer beta for pre-orders starts Thursday!
    https://www.facebook.com/Battlefleet...56967254500646

Last edited by Krondrin; 03-08-2016 at 12:43 AM.

Here is a relatively brief look at the campaign and the wealth of customization between the ships, crew, and skills and one full random skirmish. I'm gonna get my ass kicked so hard when I try to play anyone.

Well, I haven't been a screaming fanboy because this is a bit embarrassing... They had that a 64 bit OS was needed before they put up their official system requirements. I kinda glazed over that part. My old ass hardware won't support that and my video card is pretty outdated. This is going to be one of the most expensive games I've ever bought

But hey there are plenty of streams and videos out there now!

https://www.facebook.com/Battlefleet...92262400971131

Space marines will be released on the 21st. If you buy the game before that, you get them and the Tau which are under development for free. I've been enjoying it for the most part. It does get repetitive similar to the first Dawn of War expansions Dark Crusade and Soul Storm, though the different mission types breaks up some of the monotony.

Of course the multiplayer comes with a healthy portion of cheese and whine and the forums are rife with complaints as one would expect.