Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nothing but ideas

Nothing but ideas

1. I say retroactively give 5 coins per level.
    It makes people play and trade resources
    It gives long time players a chance @ free coins
    It helps the free players and a chance to have coins to play with
    After the initial investment not much is lost

You need to show players you want them to play and throwing them 5 coins per level is a step in the right direction to say. We appreciate your patronage whether you are paying or just food for the masses.

2. Raids have went from bad to worse over the course of years
    Way back in the day we had a bit more variety
    Then we had great variety with 50 targets
    Now - Target 1 35 = level throttled
    Target 2 55 = Damage to points ratio is just not worth it
    Target 3 Elite = 40 ships to grind through over and over is just boring
    Target 4 Siege = Doing the same 5 levels over and over zzzzzzz
    Missing sea target 45 that is grindable for better points
    Missing campaign that is grindable for decent points
    Missing mother fucking base battle campaign for us that simply fucking hate fighting subs or fleets
    Missing level 25 sea target for mid levels to grind
    Missing level 15 sea targets for low end players to grind
    Missing level 5 sea targets for people who join when the raid starts
    Missing any diversity or strategy it is like the raid team has no clue what to do for players. We have been doing fleets for so long it has become the most repetitive chore every month.
    Missing Co-op because that is the way we help lower level players, we win them hullls they can grow into

My suggestion is honestly scrap the subs and scrouge and go back for a couple months and bring back a retro raid format til the end of the year rotate out old raid formats. Honestly if you took a poll you would see that the scrouge are as hated as much as the phoon type raids and FM that lasted 1 week.

3. We need to seriously talk about Base Build stuff
    There needs to be a revamp asap of turret bases of 1 - 5 or else you put new players at way too much of a disadvantage. Many have stated and shown you can be a level 50 in less than 5 months. With level 4 to 5 turrets being 10+ days with no weapon. You can see just how badly you are straight fucking new players by throwing them in the shark tank. My honest opinion here is that:
    Turret base 1 = 2 minutes
    Turret base 2 = 5 minutes
    Turret base 3 = 25 minutes
    Turret base 4 = 8 hours
    Turret base 5 = 2 days 8 hours 1K U
    Turret base 6 = 5 days 18 hours 2k U

OP would also be around those numbers also

Hell yes you got the dock right as 4 days is acceptable

Not even a clue why RGs are a shit load of uranium and build times. Does the team not understand that no one needs resources. That part of the game is dead and in a way I am so glad. It was the one adjustment that made the game more fun for us all. I am not trying to be rude here, but do you guys even play the game we do?

The shipyard needs to work while we are updating because lets face it build times are already long and in your infinite wisdom if you think jabbing 10 days of no ship building is going to make people coin WRONG, its going to piss most off and think what greedy fucking dick faced anal penetrating assholes you have shown for the entire 2015 calendar year

Power Creep and looking at things in a logical light.....Now a 3 ship fleet of Rhinos can carry 30 Blades easily, I have to ask what is the purpose of a 50K Turret base? That turret base is underwhelming even before it is built by most. 30 blades throws out 30K turret damage even at moderate rank @ 2 seconds. Then we are looking at 50K per second @ elite so basically turrets = not really much better. I once again ask do you guys play the same game we do?

The FM lets be realistic, it needs to be 5 days so it increases the ability for people to get the prizes. Most people work and that gives them just a few hours a night. You have to understand if everything becomes "monetized" then where is the free to play part of the game? You have to give some lead way on people Kixeye and stop trying to milk every part of the game. The Elite tier is putting so much distance between the haves and have nots that in 6 months those making it to the elite tier for the first time are already 24 prizes behind. This whole thing of doing it twice helps no one and might make more money short term , but those who spend are going to spend anyway because they dont want to grind. The only thing giving 5 days does is let the grinders be able to have access to the same thing the coiners do. It was also Mr. Harbins own statement, you can win anything with time that coiners can win. It is time to go back to that statement and make it come true

The 10 dollar fuck me in the ass name change? I have to ask what in the crazy hell are you smoking? I could see 25 coins but 10 coins seems realistic. You do realize you're missing the boat here. Take a poll and ask how many ppl would change their name for 10 coins. I bet there are 1000's of people who have tags on their name who would instantly change it. It seems like one of the biggest money makers not being taken advantage of in the game.

VXP = an antiquated system of make it go away. It is much like the Alliance feature that is so far behind the curve its not even funny. What needs to happen:
    1. The salty dogs 0 star is 50 minuts @ 2X VXP
    2. The salty dogs 1 star is changed to 25 minutes @ 4X VXP
    3. The salty dogs 2 stars is 15 minutes @ 8X VXP
    4. The salty dogs 3 star is 10 minutes @ 16X VXP

You ask why? Everyone hates salvaging for an hour @ 2X VXP, it is by far the most painful part of the game and by speeding up that process everyone is happier.

VXP Part 2 = It is time for the programmers to get real and give VXP for turrets and it would be nice if our defensive ships got VXP for shooting down incoming projectiles

Repair times have got to be taken in because now 24 hour fleets are pretty common for all player and with more fleet weight. We are going to be looking at common players needing 30+ hours per fleet. This is just not a sustainable system anymore. You guys have got to get off your asses and put in a system like yesterday since you cancelled the VXP packs. That was painful but at least it was something and now that program has just been killed. I can only make the suggestion that you make 1 HP = .7 seconds.

The build times and with more special slots, weapons, and armor play out like this:

5 specials = 9 days
    5 Armors = 8 days
    Hull = 5 days
    Weapons = 8 days

Now since most people run 3 or 4 ship fleets this can be up to a quarter of a year. Whether you are a free player or a coining player. This is just not realistic to do monthly for the coiner and the impact on a free player is much more devastating if it is a terrible build. I can say from experience that 1 bad build of this magnitude sets you back about 8 months in the game and almost made me quit. I spent 4 months on the original build and then since I had so much time invested. I spent another month refitting trying to make it work. It was a flop because of a semi bad build and the way the game changed in raid formats.

Now if you made FMs 5 days so everyone could get build coins that would help, but for those that cant...What are you going to do? My suggestions go as followed

Hulls = Static 2 days 12 hours
    Weapons Assault = static 8 hours
    Weapons Siege = static 12 hours
    Antis = 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours per tier
    Armor = 2 hours 4 hours 8 hours 16 hours and 24 hours per tiers
    Specials = 4 hours, 8 hours, 16 hours

With that formula:
    Hull 2 days 12 hours
    Weapons 3 days
    Assault 1 day 8 hours
    Antis 15 hours
    Armor 3 days 16 hours
    Specials 3 days 8 hours

It cuts things by about half as you can see, this seems more sustainable for coiners and free players alike.

Base weapons are one of the greatest pains there are in the game and since this is a strategy game to keep people out of your base then why is it not friendly do changing? Why should any turret weapons be more than 4 days to put on? I just dont get 10+ day weapon builds for bases. Once again you cant milk every part of the game because as you can tell by the numbers above already the new turret bases are dead pretty quickly. You have to work with us so we want to pay you. If you look at the daunting tasks that are now upon us each year with base upgrades. It becomes who cares? Most bases have token guards and less than 1/2 the turrets to level 5. The masses known base defense is fuck all because there is no way to keep everyone out. What do you do with this release? You make everything longer. /head banging into the desk

Why can't you just learn? We complain about long build and repair times so you gives us more weapons, more armor, and more specials = LONGER everything and we HAVE to do that because you adjust the raids to the highest end tech, with rogue crews, and the best hulls....There has to be more give and take and for the love of all things holy please change before you end the game for us. You cant make games for gamers if no one is willing to pay each and every month.

I missed stuff and this is just a general coverage of things that could happen..... Please put input because nothing can hurt at this point

Oh just 1 last thing why not have research tech anymore? All raid prizes should have an 80% model in the research lab as a way for all to keep up and help us all compete

I can only say limited blueprints in the holdouts is what is wrong with the game. STOP MAKING SHIT LIKE THIS. I actually just want to throat punch the person who had this idea. It is beyond even remotely moronic. I am losing more and more faith in the new designers. It is terrible idea after terrible idea.

I just dont get the limited blueprints, how long til its like this in the raids, fms, and every part of the game? They are offering more game changing items in the FAT which is just a slap in the face and to the designers. I can only hope you have a good resume because this will push people away. Why is everything becoming a limited blueprint?

Next from Battle Pirates, before you can log in it costs you 1000 U or you have to pick a fleet to beat a target that allows you to play for 1 hour.
    Last edited by Michigan Marauder; 09-22-2015 at 05:48 PM.

I give thanks to perry as he is a coinaholic and won 12 BP in 33 holdouts

Lets just say 1 in 3 is a winners....

Then you have 6 prizes

Now if you win the prize you want 1 out of 5 prizes = 15 holdouts * 5 prizes = 75 holdouts

We take this to the damage area of the game where lets say you are just a mid level player and each one gives you 6 hours damage.

So we will take this into the free realm where said player can hit them before he goes to bed 2 times a week. That comes down to said player will win a fleets worth of stuff in 37 weeks. <========We all know in 37 weeks the game will have already flipped over and the prizes (s)he won will have been replaced by the new selection of prizes in the new scoureouts as we are being told the team is working on OP8. The new CM will be called Anna-R-Key and her job will be to wear sexy revealing stuff so no one pays attention to the game and watches endless videos on BattleVortex. (Hint if she dancing on warehouses no one would mind)

I can say perry with the newest fleets was spending 6 coins a pop * 75 = 450 coins for him to win the prizes.....

We all have our own things, but I am just trying to hopefully let Kixeye see things from a players perspective.......

(1) - free coin ? so I get 94 x 5 - that's really going to level things (enough to do all of the hunter campaign and get a few prizes built)

(2) - OLD FORMATS ? they've always changed - I loved it when the top four in a sector got a hull - I liked it when i could hit any MAP target.

But whiners complained about no prizes (so much we had no raid in March 2012)
    They didn't want to search for targets - so now we have campaign buttons
    They whined about wanting to play cooperatively (so the raids of Sept and Oct 2012 were the poorest ever - nothing worked)

(3) these figures are taking everything back to the FF days of four years ago - that was never Kixeye's intention and if folks keep spending $750 per fleet per month they wouldn't go back to those days.
    And things like the flagships and uber-killer new ones should certainly be a lot more than 2 days build

Administrator
    Free Stuff..... So I've been playing SiegeLord: Fate of Knights for 6 months, or whatever it is since I was banned in BP. There are 4 or 5 things a day to log in to get. There is refining, twice a day at least, free food, sign in bonuses daily, etc. 3 or 4 different "missions" each day as a team to do. All stuff that helps to provide an incentive to logging in over and over throughout the day.

The game is no replacement for BP, but the way they give stuff away to try to get you to show up over and over is something Kix could learn from. Some of it does feel chore like from time to time, but not like BP did that is for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Tide View Post
    (1) - free coin ? so I get 94 x 5 - that's really going to level things (enough to do all of the hunter campaign and get a few prizes built)

(2) - OLD FORMATS ? they've always changed - I loved it when the top four in a sector got a hull - I liked it when i could hit any MAP target.

They whined about wanting to play cooperatively (so the raids of Sept and Oct 2012 were the poorest ever - nothing worked)

(3) these figures are taking everything back to the FF days of four years ago - that was never Kixeye's intention and if folks keep spending $750 per fleet per month they wouldn't go back to those days.
    And things like the flagships and uber-killer new ones should certainly be a lot more than 2 days build
    you and idiots like you are the reason this game turned to sht, well done.

oh u love spending half ur life looking for map targets- idiot.
    oh u like just 4 folks per sector being able to compete the rest if us become farms - idiot.
    and build times of 2 days, no problem for me, beats the current 3 months bullsht. at least we might have some fun using sht b4 its outdated
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

https://media.giphy.com/media/iKnPZtAHrDU6k/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by arse View Post
    you and idiots like you are the reason this game turned to sht, well done.

oh u love spending half ur life looking for map targets- idiot.
    oh u like just 4 folks per sector being able to compete the rest if us become farms - idiot.
    and build times of 2 days, no problem for me, beats the current 3 months bullsht. at least we might have some fun using sht b4 its outdated
    nope,

I'm also a sailor / racer - looking for ships was never a problem - any concerns then i used ten auto-fleets and turned off comms

and it was never about competing , we had a strong ethic back then and shared the prizes around in our "alliance" (before alliances were ever formally into the game) to better kill targets in 97 and Kenatelli in 95

and you built for the future, not just the mindless ideas of some folks ... follow BUBBLE FAIRY's ideas and you win, not sure about some of the others

1 Whats wrong with free coins?

2 You once again state the obvious that we can no longer hit low level targets because they lack the quick spawn and pay less points for our level = no more grinding which is how many of us get raid prizes

3 The game thrived back then because we had more people paying and also playing. The first 3 years we had 15M people play the game in the last 2 we gain about a million a year. The game has maxed out new players and now needs something sustainable long term. What is wrong with going back to 2 day builds because with more armor and specials it still comes out to about the same thing.

You want to argue because, well I have no idea. The game needs to be fun and it is a constant chore. I put in input to try and make it fun again, but you seem to think we should pay more because something is a flagship. I don't understand you one bit. You talk about the old times then condemn them in the same breath. Hell, id be happy if Kixeye fired all the new designers and goto the wishlist.

The game has become a never ending chore list that has to be done. Doing the FM 2 times was supposed to catch us up not put even more people behind. The elite tier has basically made many casual, low end coiners, mid level free players, and even some long time coiners fall further behind. There are now 11 prizes they cant win at all. How did this help the community?

You seem sad and miss us so you come here but yet you spit out a few random things. When I actually took the time to comment on your troll posts in another thread you don't answer. I say once again we all can do what you can do, but for the love of all things holy. I argue for the 90% of the game that needs fucking help. I want this game to be around for 5 more years.

You can sit back in your "I can do this chair by using this method". I am happy for you and congrats, but the reality is once again we are the 10% who can. What happens when we go from the 350K to 500K players a month down to 100K. Then Kixeye has to kick up prices and content even more? You happy with that?

If the game doesn't get more people playing the game has ran its cycle. Kixeye is doing the common and problematic increase in prices/content to promote more coining to keep them at the same pay rate, but sadly this pushes more people away. It is the sad but reality of the death cycle of games. Why companies don't try different things is beyond me, but this method fails to do anything to sustain the longevity of the game.

Now you can troll and say what does it do, but what does it hurt to try and get people back in the game? What does giving away free coins do? It could help a free player finish a build that lets them compete in the next raid, it could help a super coiner get the new tech in the holdouts, or it could simple be what it takes to let people see that Kixeye is trying.

Since Kixeye still hasn't removed taking off penalty when refitting, took away co-op, ended the free 2 grease monkeys a month, ended Uranium healing in the FAT, gave out must have hulls in the FAT which was never supposed to happen, now designing the game around limited hulls to increase the future dynamic of chores, lied about how many things they would put in the FM elite tier, lied about giving us correct information, made the game more enjoyable, decrease content overload, slow down ship releases, ended vxp packs, reduce build times, add real alliance features, and I could list many more things.

Look we all want to play the game and be happy, but it is people like you who constantly troll threads without putting in input that would make the game more fun for you. Why is it so hard for you to add positive input? We all can pick shit apart if we want to be a moronic dickhead who can say I can do everything in the game. I find it hard to believe you have no positive input on what would make your game more fun, but in the end. This game dies no questions asked if Kixeye doesn't change the path. The path now seems "more chores of limited blue prints" which is the last thing anyone wants to do collecting 349748923 worthless blueprints so they can collect 25 blue prints they want for their fleet.

If you want to keep trolling have at it, but honestly man....stop acting like the game is wonderful and doable for the masses. Right now the game sucks fat donkey dicks in a mexican side show. If the game continues to be a never ending limited blue print festival then it will be easy to walk away.

They need to get rid of seperating campaigns in raids by level. Make 4 plus elite. We need an inbetween siege and strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Marauder View Post

3 The game thrived back then because we had more people paying and also playing. The first 3 years we had 15M people play the game in the last 2 we gain about a million a year. The game has maxed out new players and now needs something sustainable long term. What is wrong with going back to 2 day builds because with more armor and specials it still comes out to about the same thing.

You want to argue because, well I have no idea.
    prove those stats .. it's as simple as that ... where are your figures coming from? and how many does it need to be sustainable?

This game was never meant to hold everyone for ever. The gaming world is too fickle for that, but there's enough playing (some with five bases!!) to still make it fun. Last month in 164 was like being back in 96 during the Autumn of 2011 with 50 fleets a sector hitting each other for a hour, then repairing. Loved that. That's what I play for.

Now I've found a way to make this fun for me without ever being banned from the game (unlike quite a few on these forum). I've never built everything I've won and always searched the best minds for the best solutions. Sadly, not seeing many of those here or on the Kixeye forums.

[...]Now I've found a way to make this fun for me without ever being banned from the game (unlike quite a few on these forum). I've never built everything I've won and always searched the best minds for the best solutions. Sadly, not seeing many of those here or on the Kixeye forums.
    Is this your best shot?
    Moo> learn to drive, and learn how to hit them so you don't finish in a corner
    Punisher666 (NBK)-13062> learn to drive mooo??? lmao
    Punisher666 (NBK)-13062> your a feckin lvl 20 or something lmfao