Thread: Fav Mobo Company?

Fav Mobo Company?

What is your Fav Mobo Company?

Administrator
    Personally prefer Asus... but as I said in chat most companies are similar at this point... Gigabyte is a decent company as well.

Had good luck with both

Gigabyte, Asus. Gigabyte seems to have a slight edge warranty wise. Have had a few gigabyte graphics cards that even post warranty repairs have been economically feasable.

EVGA for graphics cards you can't go wrong lifetime warranty & trade in on the higher end ones.

For HDD Seagate has pissed me off I use WD Greens now. Most of my work has digital manuals now and I have had Seagate RMA returns go up in smoke fresh back from warranty. I have a pile of 1 & 2 TB Seagates kicking around here with damaged SA's & the board power supplies on the drives were marginal on a good day.

That being said storage is so cheap now & cheaply made by all unless you buy enterprise drives you better keep everything mirrored. I do, 2 mirrored drives with a clone of it on another PC just in case, we're rural and I've had lightening wipe out everything a few times.

I go seasonic for power supply (fanless) 4 years and 3 builds no power supply failures (build for friends & family also)

video cards last 2 have been msi and liked them, 150 dollar cards

I clone my drive about every 30 days and also clean install every 6 months

HDD = western digital always since first build have never had a drive go bad i still have some my first build with a 4800 spinner then 3 years later upgraded to the raptor first build was 2001 with my uncles help picking parts.

Looking for input on best SSD for the buck 120GB is plenty
    Same as OP still looking at trying something besides asus, i love the tuf series, but always looking for input

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Marauder View Post
    I go seasonic for power supply (fanless) 4 years and 3 builds no power supply failures (build for friends & family also)

video cards last 2 have been msi and liked them, 150 dollar cards

I clone my drive about every 30 days and also clean install every 6 months

HDD = western digital always since first build have never had a drive go bad i still have some my first build with a 4800 spinner then 3 years later upgraded to the raptor first build was 2001 with my uncles help picking parts.

Looking for input on best SSD for the buck 120GB is plenty
    Same as OP still looking at trying something besides asus, i love the tuf series, but always looking for input
    Go Gigabyte decent warranties, all mylar caps and some have 5 phase power regs for the CPU. I have a 5 year old setup here it's on 24/7 just goes to sleep after 25 mins if I'm AFK. And it's running a Q9550 so pretty hot running CPU.

Seasonic I agree with Re: power supplies have had good luck with the upper run of Thermaltake as well ( not the builders series).

Main reason for EVGA PCI cards is the lifetime warranty is truly lifetime...plus if you RMA it when it goes south you get the option to upgrade and or the replacement comes as a newer model.

Another new area to play in. Sweet!

Asus as a first choice, probably because I've had the least headaches installing their stuff. but having used gigabit, asrock, biostar, and abit, I'm rather impressed with what's out there now. Huge change from back in the day when only hard core geeks built their own machines.