Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everything wrong with CS....

Administrator

Everything wrong with CS....

So many of you know I posted a video of a glitch happening during the Arena Tourny... Well here is my back and forth with Kixeye Customer Service .

I was in battle, and no matter what I did the ships would NOT go where I clicked (it seemed to go someplace random each time.... )
    I tried to get on screencast-o-matic but as I had not used it previously it took too long to load and i was dead before I had a chance ....
    This is very frustrating I will let you know if it happens again, as it was it cost me my entire atlas fleet.

Update:

this is a broader issue I encountered with the game see the video as this is basically what it did in battle
    http://youtu.be/NTeNotmenkE
    This cost me uranium from the repair.. or would have cost me 14hrs repair time..

Update 2:
    Found the root cause of this glitch....
    Step 1 - Start queue for battle
    Step 2 - Go to rankings and hold the slider (as if you are searching for something)
    Step 3 - Continue holding until battle starts. The game thinks your cursor is still wherever it was on the ranking slider..
    http://youtu.be/8SSIbe7SOMY

First response from CS
    Thank you for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear you are running into these performance issues with the Tournament. If you have not done so already, I would suggest trying out the following steps. A number of players who experienced the same problems as you have found them to be helpful.
    Clear your Flash cache. To do this, close all browser windows. If you're using a PC, open your Control Panel; if you're using a Mac, open your System Preferences. Click the "Flash Player" icon to open the menu. In the menu, select the "Storage" tab across the top and click the "Delete All" button. In the window that pops up, ensure that "Delete All Data and Settings" is checked and then click "Delete Data."
    Clear your browser's cache. To do this, open the Chrome dropdown menu from the toolbar, select "Tools," and click on "Clear Browsing Data." Select the information you want to delete and, in the dropdown menu, choose to delete everything since "the beginning of time." Then, click "Clear Browsing Data."
    I understand these issues are frustrating to see though, and as a courtesy have added 30 gold to your account to help out with repairs. Good luck out there!
    So naturally I replied:
    Thank you for the gold, but please help submit the bug report to the development team as well....
    I gave you a video showing how to reproduce this issue.
    It has nothing to do with my machine, its a bug in the game.

Next Response from CS:
    Thanks for keeping in touch about this. I reviewed the video you sent over and it does look like you're running into performance issues here. The team is always working to improve performance for all players, but if you continue to see this happen, please let me know and I would be happy to walk you through some additional troubleshooting steps.
    My response:

It has nothing to do with performance.....
    Watch where the circle is, and where I am clicking, then watch where those clicks are registering in the game.
    I was able to reproduce this several times, it is not performance, it is a bug where the game stops tracking where the mouse actually is..........
    "Performance" issues are not repeatable with a very specific set of circumstances. I work in IT for a living, doing everything from programming to desktop support, and even some web development. Please just pass this to the dev team and let them decide.

Their last response to me:
    I showed this video to the QA team, and they are aware of this issue. Essentially, it lets you position your ships along the Y axis, but does not change where they are on the X axis. The team believes that this is caused by another program in the background interfering with the game. Please close any program you have running in the background to see if this helps resolve this. Good luck out there!

So sick of trying to help them to be called an idiot.. here is my final response to this thread:

Ok .. I tried to be patient and help you guys, even Price from BattleVortex had talked about this issue with DoomRooster this week....

Keep blaming your users for everything that is going wrong with the game, and wonder why we get fed up. Check your logs, how much have I been in game the past few weeks? Even the for the tournament I did the minimal at this point.

Ask Swag, I did all but fix the issue you guys had (and were "unable to reproduce") with your support system not allowing people to see links... see https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/506088 this thread for proof).

Instead of assuming you know better than everyone else, admitting that some users MAY have a more clear understanding of things could help?

For the record the ONLY thing running in the background (other than the screen capture app CS Suggested) was the browser .....

Perhaps now you can find something else to blame instead of actually dealing with the issue at hand?

http://youtu.be/CggVhXyu-kg?t=27m14s Happened to me on my stream. It actually happened 3 times, I'm hunting for the other 2.

TBH Nuke I find CS condescending and quick to blame on a good day. There's a few scorchers I have posted here in forums.

I have constant "performance issues" and have went as far as having my ISP contact them with throughput logs. They now blanket "blame" my ISP even though it has been shown to them that the issues arise at the cloud servers they themselves use to host BP. Mostly at the front end, dropped packets and packet losses being the chief issue. If I back it up with packet logs they then blame the drops & packet loss ( coming from Kixeye's end) on software issues and my using torch instead of chrome.

I have even had them blame the flash version as "torch uses and outdated flash" yet have sent the torch://plugins file in a screenshot as it is quite easy to update the flash to a Windows process with the latest version.

Besides unsupported or not Torch runs BP much better than chrome ever has.

As for video I laid into them royally last week as I did the Burning Seas and did the 3rd tier Sunday night, Prepped the fleet out of the third & final dredge of T3 and the tower disappeared. Was running wireshark for Xnih to do a capture of the targets and Kix still denies I ever hit the dam things....with time dated data packs from the 3rd campaign ,, it's really sad how inept and uncomprehending CS can be at times. Not to mention receiving copy pasted answers to things that have little or no relevance to what is being reported.

My last correspondence with CS was to basically say I am done with sending in tickets, they seem to want video 24/7. And as you discovered SCM is a wonderful tool but loading times are so long the issue is usually over by the time the recording starts.

They really are laughable at times and in my opinion are one of the biggest contributors to the falling player base. It also worries me that the new CM was the old CS...and the track record in his old dept is not good from my experience.

Flanders
    Hi Diddly-Ho, Frienderino!

I'm sorry to hear you experienced some doodly-bugs from your recent battle. These are known issues that our game team is working hard to fix. In the meantime, I've credited you 50 gold to get back out there and cause some ding-dang-diddly mayhem!

its hardly surprising there issues when u got cartoon characters doing support

Administrator
    So back to an old thread I started, that quickly took a turn for the worse, but anyway: http://www.thedarkalliance.org/forum...-rocket-glitch

After testing it a few more times we found this to be a display only issue, that while the rocket showed up (and could be scraped) it wasn't available for use during battle.

I just opened a ticket and did a walk through on exactly how to do it.

We'll see what response I get. If they ask me for a video I'll let them know I'll be happy to post it to youtube and link to it here so everyone can do it, otherwise just follow the steps any kindergartner could do.

Had it been actually useful for a free rocket, I wouldn't have bothered reporting it and would have just used it.

Quote Originally Posted by xnih View Post
    So back to an old thread I started, that quickly took a turn for the worse, but anyway: http://www.thedarkalliance.org/forum...-rocket-glitch

After testing it a few more times we found this to be a display only issue, that while the rocket showed up (and could be scraped) it wasn't available for use during battle.

I just opened a ticket and did a walk through on exactly how to do it.

We'll see what response I get. If they ask me for a video I'll let them know I'll be happy to post it to youtube and link to it here so everyone can do it, otherwise just follow the steps any kindergartner could do.

Had it been actually useful for a free rocket, I wouldn't have bothered reporting it and would have just used it.
    i hope you would have told us how to use it too

Quote Originally Posted by arse View Post
    Flanders
    Hi Diddly-Ho, Frienderino!

I'm sorry to hear you experienced some doodly-bugs from your recent battle. These are known issues that our game team is working hard to fix. In the meantime, I've credited you 50 gold to get back out there and cause some ding-dang-diddly mayhem!

its hardly surprising there issues when u got cartoon characters doing support

To be honest I had rather they do that then cut and paste some bullshit about something that has nothing to do with my problem. Better yet , when they tell me when they can't credit gold and the first sentence in my ticket is "I do NOT want gold". I want them to fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by arse View Post
    i hope you would have told us how to use it too
    He did turns out it was display glitch though ha ha ha in PM's

Nuke, idk, that back and forth just has me shaking my head in disgust. The most simple straightforward things you ask or tell them and it's like they ignore you and start speaking to something wholly irrelevant to what is on the table. This is something they really need to address, but likely won't.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by anisixia View Post
    Nuke, idk, that back and forth just has me shaking my head in disgust. The most simple straightforward things you ask or tell them and it's like they ignore you and start speaking to something wholly irrelevant to what is on the table. This is something they really need to address, but likely won't.
    Perhaps the intent is to drive people away, or frustrate them till they give up? ..