Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kixeye tin foil hat

Kixeye tin foil hat

No coins @ Christmas
    Jan Layoffs
    Jan/Feb Hulls are modifiers
    Feb Arena new hull
    8 Games were supposed to be launched according to Will 2012+ 2 have been launched
    I have 2 groups saying they have inside info that Kixeye is planning to go all mobile
    Ravi Mhatre, Investor and Mobile and Cloud guru
    Kixeye fixes a glitch that has been around since 2012
    12K less people play the raid and 22K less than christmas so -34K raid participants in 2 months
    Kixeye throws out a system we all can see will never work....
    2 Games closed down

Now the question is....Battle Pirates profit margin, has it slipped? Do people really have inside information? Kixeye sold 40 dollar packs for Tome and closed it down less than 3 months into it. It sounds crazy, but it is what it is right now. I had no idea if the "inside sources of others" is trying to save people money, but it is hard to not see what is in front of us right now.

The game is not in a freefall spiral, but it is bleeding users. Kixeye as well as most of us can look on the world map and still see dredges at any time, hits have went down, and the amount of content kixeye is putting out right now is crazy. Then to drop a hull in the arena that is really not optional if you want to stay current. Its special abilities give it the ability to combine it with other UAVs fleets and make them more powerful.

I myself have no inside information and with Kixeye never really talking to the players or press. It seems weird. Since they were the darlings of "pay to play" they have only had a few reports, the scandal of one of their x workers involved with upper management and twitting about it, the racism fiasco, and the dildo recruiting video. That seems odd considering the big personality of Mr Harbin.

Who knows what it all means, Friday is my day of reckoning. If Kixeye doesn't allow RedRooster to give us real insight to play in a strategy game....Then really where is the hope? We have a new feature and it got pages of dislike and it gets released next tuesday, but we get a snippet of information. The secret sauce formula Kixeye lives by makes it feel like they are super unorganized.

If I had to take a guess on BP's future...........I will be able to make a better guess after this next raid. That gives me the "new release of VXP" to look at, fridays AMA, and the raid numbers and how much it is adjusted. If no adjustments are made it basically says "kixeye is still going to punish us going forward and adjust the game like the repair glitch is still active"......If all the things listed above are bad. Then the games could slide slowly enough within 6 to 8 months to make it so it never gets upgrades and lets th game slowly die....

optimist,, i give it till the end of april i really do.

no one plays, they just come on hit repair if they have been hit by some hacker/do some chores and leave

i wonder if the hackers are making more money than kix do in bp yet

wow, I was giving it until June/July at the earliest, you guys are way more pessimistic than me.

Also, I think fixing the glitch is exposing a lot of the hacks available out there while people are looking for a new glitch repair, and some of those people are opting to buy those hacks, making the problem WORSE.

Game integrity is shot. Game is more expensive by several orders of magnitude than the cheats, giving a strong economic incentive to cheat. Kixeye's inconsistent policy regarding glitching/cheating isnt helping either.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombunny View Post
    wow, I was giving it until June/July at the earliest, you guys are way more pessimistic than me.

Also, I think fixing the glitch is exposing a lot of the hacks available out there while people are looking for a new glitch repair, and some of those people are opting to buy those hacks, making the problem WORSE.

Game integrity is shot. Game is more expensive by several orders of magnitude than the cheats, giving a strong economic incentive to cheat. Kixeye's inconsistent policy regarding glitching/cheating isnt helping either.
    I gave it 6 to 8 months before updates stop if the rest of this month goes bad

I agree the "hack economy" is booming right now......and surely going to rise...The "wishy washy glitch repair treatment" seems almost absurd. I can believe at this point they have to be setting people up with a mega ban hammer coming down. If not then nothing makes any sense......

A lot of people have been saying it for a while now - "BP is circling the drain" "BP will be dead within 6 months" "Kixeye will be bankrupt this time next year" and generally speaking i've taken those claims with a pinch of salt. After all only Kixeye really know what Kixeye are going to do and until recently there haven't been any signs to believe they would do anything like pull the plug on BP.

However, I think between the research we've all done on the state of Kixeye and their list of failures over the past 12 months it actually does spell out a company that's in severe trouble for one reason or another, although I personally lay the blame for all of the companies ills on Will Harbin, his Zynga-esque "customer is a cash machine only" attitude seems to have permeated throughout the entire company.

I think it's fair to say I have the most pessimistic view of BPs future out of everyone here. I give BP a max of 3 months before the updates stop if Kixeye do not announce something major in the month of March to address the build times, change the proposed repair time modifiers to make them more accessible to all and drastically alter the raid setup to make them more accessible. If they don't do those things players will continue to walk away at the pace we're seeing at the moment which BP simply can't afford any more.

Whether Kixeye are planning on going full mobile or not I don't know, however for them to do that would require them to abandon Vega Conflict which they've poured a lot of resources into (and still haven't properly released the mobile versions of it yet) and War Commander which I don't think Kixeye would do as it is probably their primary source of income at this stage and they don't have any backs ups apart from a partially developed, unreleased version of WC on mobile and a WoT ripoff that is allegedly in development.

Honestly i'm expecting Kixeye to go bust completely rather than them hitting it big on another (probably mobile) game at this stage. I just don't think they have it in them to make a good product under WH and they certainly don't have any originality or creativity either, add into that a thoroughly savaged reputation from their PC games and I think they've set themselves up for perpetual failure no matter what they decide to do next.

It's a truly spectacular fall from grace for them but it was and still is a totally preventable one.
    Drakonez said:

Laredo said:

Dreaded retired because he was burned out, it happens to every mod.
    Can you be burned out yet?
    Best. Response. Ever!

not sure wc is their main income, i thought bp was but wc had more players, whatever...

the things i hear about kixeye management running the show with a fear theme totally adds up with the way this game has headed, and until that management is removed i doubt things will turn around. twas a good game once, lets hope we all meet again in OAW or whatever

I 110% agree will all the above......................... stupid thing is we can all safely assume WC & BP are their primary income sources.

I have never played WC but speaking with players who do it isn't much different than BP in the forcing coining area.

Kix needs to address 3 things and address them quickly. Cost of the game period, Build & Repair times, and finally but almost more important Quality of game play and Customer service & communication.

How many here would tell their friends after 2 or 3 months of the above being addressed that BP is a decent place to go again?

I'm betting it would take 6 months to drag 75% of the player base back into the game if it got back to basics, lots of action, quick turnaround of damaged fleets, and the ability to actually use what keeps getting thrown at us.

If they ( Kixeye) are daft enough to leave as is, I don't see it being active past 6 months TBH. The doomsayers have been saying BP is dead or dying, and in a large way they are correct.

It's just dying of Cancer not a heart attack. Slowly fading away, instead of going fast that's all. I'm betting about 10% of the really active players are doing just so because they are spending a bundle and cheating/hacking the rest.

( I'm not saying all are before I offend anyone) But I'm betting from perusing certain sites that the BP hacking crowd are raking in a bundle. And why not? When it gets to the point where it's cheaper to cheat than to play on the up & up after spending literally 1000.00's of dollars per month, I can see the reasoning behind it. Especially with the realisation that every glitch that costs coin basically goes uncompensated without video , screenshots, and a pint of blood.

Amazingly enough some players are brash enough to use their game names on those sites too, makes for some interesting insights sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by arse View Post
    not sure wc is their main income, i thought bp was but wc had more players, whatever...

the things i hear about kixeye management running the show with a fear theme totally adds up with the way this game has headed, and until that management is removed i doubt things will turn around. twas a good game once, lets hope we all meet again in OAW or whatever
    I think could well be their primary source of income now, purely because they have a larger number of players overall, a good number of whales (like BP does) but they also have a large pool of casual coiners who still play (unlike BP where casual coiners are being driven away in large numbers) and repairs aren't as expensive there including during events and they don't even get half repair time.

But right now which game is their primary income source is fairly academic, because at the rate BP is bleeding players it will be WC before too long if it isn't WC already.

One thing I think pretty much everyone here (and a large portion of the player community as a whole) is in complete agreement about is that the senior management is to blame for the state of Kixeye and its games today.
    Drakonez said:

Laredo said:

Dreaded retired because he was burned out, it happens to every mod.
    Can you be burned out yet?
    Best. Response. Ever!

I am waiting on this new repair scheme they are introducing. I think a lot of others are as well. If it is not a significant amount of repair time reduced, then I am pretty much done. Kixeye might as well look at it like this....they are going to take a loss. They have backed themselves into the corner and there is just no way around it without taking some loss in profits. They have waited far to long to address the situation and that is a consequence of it. Right now Kixeye should be asking themselves if they want to take the loss voluntarily (significant reduction of repair times) or by force (coiners quitting that will never come back).

Personally, I think they will play the arrogant tough guy routine and will not do a significant cut in repair times. They honestly believe they have the same leverage with the players as they did 2 years ago. Back then they could do anything, get away with it, and paying players would still feed the beast. I don't think they can do that now. If this last raid didn't show them, then I hope this next raid they get more of the same or worse.

I don't want to see the game die, but I want a company to work with it's players to make the game more enjoyable. Should we get everything we want? No, I don't believe we should, but that is not to say we couldn't reach a compromise.

It will be interesting to see the questions he decides to answer on Friday.
    Last edited by Quickdraw; 02-26-2015 at 10:55 AM.