Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come back you filthy pirates

Angry Come back you filthy pirates

What would make you come back to the site and become active?

$100 would be a start
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

https://media.giphy.com/media/iKnPZtAHrDU6k/giphy.gif

Administrator
    lol nice arse, no I won't give you $100.

Anyway, I think we need to find a game that a number of ppl play and also one that there are details we can help provide more in depth data about. For me, as you may have noticed by my posts for the last 6 months, I've moved on to many other projects outside gaming, things like small electronics. Nuke is working on 3d printing, etc. It isn't impossible to bring it back, but the main game that brought many of us here, was one that many of us were on our way out of at the time. So it will be interesting to see if there is a common thread like that game that could bring us back to it.

I come here all the time to see if any info has been posted for the new stuff. Sadly I'm getting to the point where I just don't care anymore. This whole game is nothing buy a rat race that you never win. And the amount of $ some people spend to be at the front of that rat race is crazy. My shipyard is finishing the last of my refits this week then it will probably do random things that i want to play with that more than likely won't amount to anything. Once I can't compete anymore I'm done.

I play need for speed a couple times a month, looking for a decent sniper game, but I mostly come here just out of habit because I miss you guys. I look at the chat box and it is pretty empty. It reminds me of my sector before I was banned. I play battle pirates on a second account, but for the most part been searching non stop for the perfect piece of land to build me a house. Its almost mushroom season, turkey season, and fishing season so if there are any games out there. I need something i can compete that only takes an hour or so a night. I am willing to spend 25ish a month if the game keeps me interested

Administrator
    Waiting for Mass Effect Andromeda to be released! ..

And yes, focusing a lot on 3d printing, and getting into RC (trying to find fun stuff to do w/ the kids!)

Lot has changed, I will get some update posts going here soon .. i'm a few weeks behind again

I still check in for the updates that Nuke does to see what we can learn to help in the game. Would love to figure out what the new turret is in the new Garrison Event. For now I'm calling it a "Burst turret" but i think it might be a Multi shot missile with the same range as the coldsnaps.

Administrator
    speaking of.. need to do an update for the game soon ... add that to my list

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Marauder View Post
    What would make you come back to the site and become active?
    That is a good question. Both the game and Kixeye are in a slow spiraling death so there just is not much to get excited about or discuss in the world of Battle Pirates anymore. It really has become more or a rat race chasing tech. What I miss are the old days when it used to be mostly PvP rather than chore based and also the large scale FvF skirmishes on the oceans.

Administrator
    Spiral is very slow ... we were all expecting them to be gone last year......

But in terms of being grind for "stuff" vs pvp makes a lot of sense. As the player count diminishes you need to provide something else to keep people's attention.