Thread: Elf - the good, the bad and the ugly of using her

Administrator

Elf - the good, the bad and the ugly of using her

What she does for you is basically auto build structures for you, fight on the world map, and collect stuff off of the world map for you. Very nice, especially at the early game. It is nice to come in in the morning and have you merit at about 70k, with only 30k left to get over the day, BUT.......

If you don't tweak the settings correctly it is painful for other players, specially with bosses and due to the fact that the "Battles stop 1 hour before States War", doesn't actually work! If too many faction players have the Elf turned on and your team is much stronger than the other 2 factions and/or they don't use the elf, the map for States wars is very one sided, where your faction has taken 2/3 of the map and the State War targets are going to be deep in opposing player factions.

My settings when I go to bed:
    Auto World Fight - On
    Auto Charge - On (pros/cons to this being on)
    Auto Collect - On
    Gold Coin Draft - Off
    Auto States War - On (not sure it actually matters due to bugs in Elf)
    Auto Solo - Off (this is the big one, if you have this turned on, you duel out your teammates in boss fights. Nobody is happy when this happens, turn this off all the time in my opinion)
    Auto Collect with Gold Coin - Off
    Battles stop 1 hour before States War - On (this is bugged, what it really does is stop the elf during the States War, not an hour prior)
    Respond to Mobilization - On (though no idea if it actually works)
    Auto Building-upgrade - On
    Auto Draft - Off
    Auto claim quest rewards - On

I get up for work about 1 hour prior to the first State War, at that time I tweak the elf to only have the following settings all day (all off unless mentioned below):
    Respond to Mobilization - On

Really only 1st 2 probably are applicable, since I'm not soloing nor recruiting during State Wars if I'm not running the player, so the odds of any quest rewards to claim are 0.

Anyway, play nice with your faction, at a minimum turn off the Solo feature when you aren't around! Hopefully they fix the 1 hour before States War bug some day too!

Administrator
    I think when you first start you get the elf for free for 24 hours or so? Otherwise she costs something like 600 Gold initially for 30 days and you can add days to her at any time during that (no idea if you let her expire what it costs to get her back again):
    *30 days - 288 gold (9.6 gold/day)
    *100 days - 888 gold (8.88 gold/day)
    *300 days - 2488 gold (8.293 gold/day)

*Not sure if those prices have anything to do with VIP level or not, I'm VIP 4 in case it doesn't line up with your numbers.

You can save 500 gold buying the 300 days vs the 30 days, but that is a lot of up front gold for a feature you may decide isn't worth it to you long term. Time will tell.

Ultimately, early levels the auto build buildings is a great feature of the Elf along with making sure you are getting your daily merit, but it does come at the risk of making State Wars very difficult for your faction when the Elf has taken over most of the map!

Administrator
    Either due to the time change this past weekend or potentially due to coding fixed, the option "Battles stop 1 hour before States War" now works correctly.

My guess is it may simple be because of the time change and not a fix in coding since there are other things that are now an hour off. Horse racing, Hero's Reunion, etc are now starting an hour earlier too.

Administrator
    Ok, updated settings:

My settings when I go to bed:
    Auto World Fight - On
    Auto Charge - Off
    Auto Collect - On
    Gold Coin Draft - Off
    Auto States War - Off (so you don't hose up the State War if you aren't around)
    Auto Solo - Off (this is the big one, if you have this turned on, you duel out your teammates in boss fights. Nobody is happy when this happens, turn this off all the time in my opinion)
    Auto Collect with Gold Coin - Off
    Battles stop 1 hour before States War - On (this finally works as of time change in the US)
    Respond to Mobilization - On (lets them jump to a mob if it gets called to help)
    Auto Draft - Off

I try to make sure I disable the elf when I leave for work. We eat up too much land all day and discourage the other teams from even trying anymore

Administrator
    So for general numbers, if I enable the elf before I go to bed (0000 game time) and then disable when I get up in the morning before I go to work (0900), I normally have just shy of 70k merit. Then been trying to leave her disabled during the day (though forget some days or kick her on from work), but the last 30k is normally doable in the last SW and/or in any type of cross server event after.