Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silk Road - Astrology Chart Mod

Administrator

Silk Road - Astrology Chart Mod

Ok, so the 3 purple "?" marks

From Left to Right
    1. Camel Bell - 540 in total to collect to complete it; Once finished: Camel Bell (after 8 trades, you may expand your caravan. Trade costs 2x resources and dives 3x rewards (for first 5 Antiques))
    2. Gem Ring - 360 total to collect to complete it; Once finished: Gem Ring: gives an extra trade attempt at the end. (for first 5 Antiques) (show the king this ring and you will get extra fragments picture below)
    3. Damaged Shield - 180 total to collect to complete it; Once finished: Astrology Chart: a certain chance of getting Antique Fragments in Trade. (for first 5 Antiques)

The purple ? marks show up periodically as you are going through, the nice thing, they show up in the area where you have to pay 20 Tarots from time to time as well and therefor save you from those! When they do show up, you have 5s to click really fast to win a max of 10 towards whatever piece you are currently working on.

Note, using trade order does not end up giving you double the number of parts on the purple ? mark piece.

Administrator
    So here is what it looks like if you get a "free" one in silk road due to the Astrology chance, such as completing the Damaged Shield.

Name:  silkroadantique.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  85.0 KB

Tonight I've ended up getting 2 out of 4 times through with a "free" piece.

Administrator
    After you get the normal part done with the king, then the ring pops up and you click on it and you get this offer
    Name:  gemring.JPG
Views: 167
Size:  37.4 KB

4000 Wine just gives you another spin with him, so in my case 1 more green piece (not worth it in my opinion!). Though, my guess is if you'd paid him the 50 tarots the time before you'd get 3 from him on this!

Administrator
    So even if you paid 50 tarots when you met the king, when using the ring, at least with 4k wine, still only get a single extra piece. Have not tried tarots

Administrator
    So if you use tarots it gives you all 3 with the gem ring. And since I was asked, yes if you use a Trade Order, it doubles the rewards in the last one with the gem ring as well!

Administrator
    When you finish the camel bell, it has a 0/6 and increments each time you traverse silk road.

"Camel Bell: after 8 trades, you may expand your Caravan. Trade costs 2x resources and gives 3x rewards. (for first 5 Antiques)"

2x cost would indicate 16k wine to me, but Fortu claims:
    "32k wine and about 320 tarot, got 61 fragments" ... "no crits"

"everything was 5 fragments, 40 tarots made it 10 frags"

So it remains to be seen if it is cost effective. I'm only at 3/6 right now.

Administrator
    So the camel bell desc is wrong.

It is after 6 trades, not 8.
    It costs you 32k wine
    Helper bags along the way are 40 tarots instead of 10 - for that extra tarrots I got 10x the amount (food on the first one)
    Fair trades start at 400 diamonds instead of 100
    Horse lost type scenarios cost 80 tarots instead of 20
    Fast reaction option for 20m or 50m food
    King costs 200 tarots instead of 50 (not worth it at all, do NOT do, winning was only 4x, 2x and 4x stuff!)
    Ring at the end is 600 instead of 120, did not try (or 16000 wine, which I did not try either)

So it seems that the camel bell costs 4 times the price but gives 5 times rewards. Example, instead of getting one fragment I get 5. It's good for burning through a lot of wine fast if you're short on time and maxed out on wine.

I did find one nice use for the camel bell today involving friendly state.
    - If you save up and do the first level of friendly state you get zero progressive events for 10 trips (zero of those "pay 20 tarots to cross events"). So, I got my camel bell ready, then got friendly state and used camel bell on first trip of no progressive events. Then when I did 6 more trips I used camel bell again. So instead of getting 10 trips with zero progressive events I got (8 normal trips) + (2 camel bell trips which equal 8 trips). So I ended up with the equivalent of 16 trips with zero progressive events. On SR5 that was HUGE. I usually get 2 progressive events per run on SR5. So 16 runs times 40 tarots equals I saved 640 tarots.

Administrator
    So I've tried using the camel bell 2 more times.

1st time: got stopped twice having it prompt me for tarots (80 or so), instead of paying I did breakout, risky move, etc. In both times I was successful, may have been dumb luck, may be when using the camel bell your chances have been increased to bypass them.

2nd time: didn't get prompted once for the 20/80 tarot stuff, just breezed through it.

Will test it more now as I have wine to burn a lot, will see if this keeps working this way.

My guess is it has at least raised your chance to get through unhidered, which on SR5 comes in nice since I get stopped 3 times for the 20 tarots too often as is!

Administrator
    tried 2 more times, both times got stopped and failed without spending tarots, but last time I did it I got about 10 pieces and a lot of exp, for my 32k wine which I had lots of at the time.