Thread: siege DPS demystified

Lightbulb siege DPS demystified

Although I haven't touch this stupid game for a while, and as D.P. Roberts has generated some usable videos to get meaningful information about siege DPS... Here I am, hurray .

Original post I used as reference can be found here.

Do not forget to mention where you got this information, if you distribute it around!

Let's start with the useful data to compute how this crappy feature is working using the single cutlass test:

So, we have:
    * 11 + 1 weapon slots, 1 used
    * no rank bonus
    * 200% missile reload
    * 1200 Siege DPS points
    * 92 damage
    * 5s reload

This means we have the following effective data:
    * real damage (vs building) from single cutlass: 92/2 = 46
    * real reload from single cutlass: 5 / 200% = 5/2 = 2.5s
    * real siege DPS damage value: 1200/2 = 600 (confirmed by datamining) damage per second

As you can see this 600 and 12 weapon slots seem to be too well chosen to be unrelated. So let's combine them: 600/12=50
    So you may slowly see the pattern here: each slot gets this bonus, with or without weapons.

Now the formula:
    each shot does the following damage: weaponDamage + siegeDpsPerSlot * effectiveReload = 46 + 50*2.5 = 171.

Let's now compare to the lifebar of the resource generator (1250 armor points according to the video).
    Shot number cumulative percentage taken
    1 171/1250 = 13.68%
    2 2*171/1250 = 27.36%
    3 3*171/1250 = 41.04%
    4 54.72%
    5 68.40%
    6 82.08%
    7 95.76%

As you can see in the picture above, it is matching quite well, considering the low accuracy of the lifebar, and uncertainties regarding the precise location of 0% and 100% on it.
    Number of shots needed is given by the following formula: 1250/171 = 7.31, so 8 shots.

The second example confirms this result, but as you can imagine, the siege DPS contribution in this case is a lot less: 50*reload vs 1255, so no picture for this one.

This time we have:
    * 11 + 1 weapon slots, 3 used
    * 29% rank bonus
    * 200% missile reload
    * 1200 Siege DPS points
    * 2511 damage (building)
    * 4s reload

This means we have the following effective data:
    * real damage (vs building) from single blade: 2511/2 = 1255.5
    * real reload from single blade: 4 / 200% / 1.29 = 4/2/1.29 = 1.55s
    * real siege DPS damage value: 1200/2 = 600 (confirmed by datamining) damage per second

Now the formula:
    each shot does the following damage (per weapon): weaponDamage + siegeDpsPerSlot * effectiveReload = 1255.5 + 50*1.55 = 1333.02
    This means with 3 blade missiles: 3*1333.02 = 3999.06

And number of shots needed for the OP with 32000 armor points: 32000 / 3999.06 = 8.002, i.e. it is almost dead after the 8th shot, and you can see it on the video too.

I didn't try to make it extremely precise, so wacky roundings/truncations/false advertised values are not double checked, but at least you can see it is quite consistent with the explanations.

And so, important conclusion: siege DPS is per weapon slot, and it is accumulated between 2 shots, i.e. it is really a kind of damage per second * reload.
    Many points are still not clear: how is it working with different weapons on the same hull? how is this bonus applied vs resistances?

But at least you have somewhere to start with now .
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Kimmy Jongy; 10-03-2015 at 06:35 AM. Reason: bigger pictures
    Moo> learn to drive, and learn how to hit them so you don't finish in a corner
    Punisher666 (NBK)-13062> learn to drive mooo??? lmao
    Punisher666 (NBK)-13062> your a feckin lvl 20 or something lmfao

I am curious, where did you get this formula: "weaponDamage + siegeDpsPerSlot * effectiveReload" & how would this interact with a weapon when salvo > 1?

Quote Originally Posted by D.P. Roberts View Post
    I am curious, where did you get this formula: "weaponDamage + siegeDpsPerSlot * effectiveReload" & how would this interact with a weapon when salvo > 1?
    formula is from me, based on the data in your video. Can I say it is exactly working this way? Well, no, but based on the data from your video, it's quite a good match for both tests, and if you consider the values and names either used here or in the code itself, it looks like the right way to use them.

For multi salvo, well, I cannot say anything, as there is no example to work on yet.
    My intuition is that it is divided by the number of salvos, i.e. each "sub-shot" is carrying (weaponDamage + siegeDpsPerSlot * effectiveReload)/salvo but it is currently only a wild guess.

And if you ask me what I think about another of such misleading BS information...Well you know my answer.

Now if you consider corrosive damage on top of this one, and if my current explanation for it (again based on game code and intuition) holds water, we have basically 2 stupidly misleading values, letting people think they can expect a substantial amount of damages when it's in fact just a really small one.

My current explanation for corrosive damage is here: http://www.thedarkalliance.org/forum...ull=1#post5401, as of now it is quite speculative for sure due to lack of meaningful tests with any of the weapons using this new damage type, but again, reality should be really far from the max value advertised.

So, from my point of view, it's is once again, prolly only by stupidity but hard to tell now, a really bad move, selling a product not performing as well as people could expect, because a total value is shown, instead of the real value to expect, and in this case there is not even a good excuse for it...

I like it!! If I can find someone about to build a Proto-Hunter & convince them to only put 1 weapon on (for testing) then we can prove it!
    (Assuming assault DPS works the same as siege DPS.)

Looks like you were dead on accurate Kimmy!

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/580653

Quote Originally Posted by D.P. Roberts View Post
    Looks like you were dead on accurate Kimmy!

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/580653
    Thanks for the reply on the useless forum, I wonder if he will take the challenge .